- Energy Saving Tips
Quick Tips for Saving Energy at Home
We’ve come up with 10 simple things you can do to reduce your energy use and impact on the environment.
- Turn off appliances on standby when not in use
- Try turning down your thermostat, even 1 degree will help you save
- Wash your clothes at 30 degrees, rather than 40
- Use low energy LED lightbulbs
- When replacing old appliances, consider buying more energy efficient models
- Keep lids on your pans whilst cooking
- Only fill the kettle with as much water as you need
- Don't leave your phone plugged in once it’s fully charged
- Don't run the tap continuously when washing your teeth. Turn it on and off as needed.
- Invest in some cheap draught excluders
Share your own energy savings tips with us over on the moneygains community.